Sunday 29 November 2009

Cake toppers






This week I have been very busy creating cake toppers. One for a Christmas cake, a naming cake and a wedding cake. All were very fiddly and have still yet to be placed on the cakes but they are all finished at last. I found the people the hardest as they had to be sat on chairs with laptops on their knees, getting this to look good was so hard. The couple that requested this met on the internet, hence the laptops! She didnt really want the novelty cake thing it was her partners idea, they are also having 80 cupcakes with blue snowflakes, which will be lovely.

The sheep cake is for a lovely lady who has ordered it for a naming cake for her two sons, she is having some cupcakes too for her Birthday, I convinced her to treat herself!

Lastly the poinsettia is for a Christmas cake for my family this year, it is to be placed on a 8 inch rich fruit cake soaked in Brandy, yum! I will take a photo of the finished thing in December as it is going to be very elaborate!

I have had lots of wedding cake consultations this week, so many for cupcakes, which is great as they are my favourite to make, although when you have an order of 120 with 120 sugarpaste roses it can be... lets say 'a challenge' I have another consultation at 2pm today, no rest for the wicked! then Ben and I are off to pick our Christmas tree, yey!

Next post will be the finished cakes with maybe some vintage tea parties in between! x

1 comment:

  1. I have book markеd your webpagе, it is іndeed a qualіty read and I'll
    be vіsiting much more often from nnow on.

    my web page; organic e liquid uѕa []

    ReplyDelete