Friday 18 June 2010

Canal boat cake



This is my latest creation! I actually live right opposite the canal in Willington so I was able to peek out of my kitchen window whilst I was creating this cake. It is for a 40th Birthday and the man receiving it loves his canal boat dearly. It is named 'ESIO TROT' which is a Roald Dahl book and spells Tortoise backwards! The lady who ordered the cake told me they thought it was relevant to name their boat after the book as they go so slow, lovely!


The original boat

As you can see its not exactly like the original but as close as I could get it. I thoroughly enjoyed making this as it was a challenge to get the shape and details right.

1 comment:

  1. That's great -too fab to eat!
    I recognise the original boat too as I'm local(from Willington originally) and visit the canal quite often. I've never noted the great name of the boat though - and never would have figured'tortoise' out!

    ReplyDelete