Thursday 21 April 2011

Bunting Cake and Vintage cupcakes



I was asked to create a vintage style cake for a 21st birthday, the brief was 'she loves vintage' so I eagerly put forward my bunting cake, a cake I had been dying to do for ages. My customer agreed! So here it is! A two tiered affair with sugar bunting around the edges. The cake itself was a simple Victoria sponge.




The cupcakes were made for a customer who popped round for a wedding cake consultation, her brief was 'Wedgwood, daisies, pearls, pink roses, vintage style' so this is what she got :)



I used a little bit of black sugar paste mixed with white and a touch of royal blue gel colour to create the Wedgwood blue colour, I just played around with it until I got the right grey/blue tones.

Vintage style cakes rule!!

5 comments:

  1. You're not wrong... Viva la vintage forever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhh!! loving the cupcake decor!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh!! loving the cupcake decor!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutey love your cupcakes. So pretty and sophisticated. I hope your customer liked them and will be back for more :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cupcakes! Every time I check in with your blog it makes me want to have a go at decorating cupcakes! - although I know I would never get them to look anything like as good! Keep up the great work, it always makes me smile. x

    ReplyDelete