Friday 21 January 2011

Vintage rose and pearl cupcakes



I designed these for a wedding consultation that I have tomorrow. The cupcakes are a mixture of lemon drizzle, vanilla and chocolate, my bride and groom to be will also be treated to some lovely fruit cake too!

The large rose is made with layers of thinly rolled out florist paste using rose cutters and shaped using a bone tool (brilliant tool!) it is then assembled and the petals eased out as necessary.



The little party pick that you see with 'love is sweet' is from the fantastic Joanne over at Vintage Twee. You will be hearing more from her work in my next Valentine's blog!



Well tomorrow I shall be up bright and early and the table will be set with tea and cake galore!!

Sign up for more vintage and cake news here!

xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, these must be the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen, you're not going to actually eat them though are you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! fabulous, so delicate. reminds me of sunny days and tea parties as a kid. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just saw these on Pinterest. they are lovely

    ReplyDelete