Thursday 25 February 2010

An ode to Mums xxx




Mums are quite frankly amazing, mine is also my best friend and I think they all deserve some special treatment all year round but particularly on Mother's day, which this year falls on 14th March.

I remember one Mother's day, it was also my birthday as mine is the 29th March. I was only about 7 and I didn't get my mum a present or a card as I thought very selfishly that I didn't need to as it was MY birthday and I was the only special one!... I have never forgotton that day and how awful I felt as my mum and all mums for that matter are so unbelievably selfless but little children (as adorable as they are) aren't and just take all the time. I am now 33 and still think about that birthday and hate the fact that I did that, but I suppose I was only young!!! I always treat my mum now, but as we don't live near eachother I often send her flowers, I would love to be able to give her my cupcakes or a cake but they don't travel all the way to West Wales very well and I hate all of the packaging!!

Anyway, I have made some special, gorgeously delicious cupcakes for Mother's day this year and as purple is the new black, there is a purple theme. They are very indulgent with piped vanilla bean buttercream and sugar flowers and hearts.

This post is dedicated to all mums out there, you are all brilliant but especially to mine, Joy Cliff you are lovely and I love you very much.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment